Los Patos – Sirena – Playa Carate
WALK IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!
This is a more rigorous option for exploring Corcovado National Park. This trip offers you the opportunity to be immersed in the beauty of the rainforest and to see an amazing variety of wildlife.
Day 1: you will enter the park through Los Patos Ranger Station and hike 23 km through virgin primary rainforest until you reach Sirena Ranger Station. It is important to know that this hike is a physically challenging but rewarding journey through the heart of the forest.
Day 2: you will explore the area around the ranger station where you may see monkeys, sloths, coatis, agoutis, toucans, macaws, and possibly the endangered Tapir.
Day 3: On your final day you will hike 19 km through secondary forest and on the beach until you reach Playa Carate, where you will return to Puerto Jimenez.
The price of this 3 day 2 night Corcovado experience:
$ 385 (US)
- 3 Day Entry fees to the national park
- Two nights accommodation at Sirena ranger station
- 2 x Dinner
- 1 x Breakfast
- Guiding Service
Transportation is not included.
- Taxi from Puerto Jimenez to Los Patos $80 /each way
- Public transport from Carate to Puerto Jimenez: $15 per person, each way ($20 for shuttle)
- Taxi from Carate to Puerto Jimenez $80 /each way
For all overnight tours: It is not allowed to bring tents, cooking equipment, or your own food.